Monday, December 21, 2015

Snow! - Green Hills, Tennessee

Happy Monday!

Out of all the weeks I have spent on my mission, this is one of them. This week we did not have the car so we got to ride our bikes all over the place. I have now reached over 125 miles of biking which is awesome. Only 375 and then another 500 miles and then it will be super awesome. Anyway as fun as that was, my legs hurt sooooo much. Every time I have stood up or sat down in like five days has been a nightmare. Having the car this week will be fantastic! 

Guess what! It snowed on Friday. Well kinda. There was a snow and then another one and then like 20 more. Overall there were about 50 snows that fell from the sky. None of them stuck at all or anything, but it was cute watching them flurry down in little spirals. It was the funniest thing ever. Elder Tolman, being from Idaho, was quite disappointed with this display. I, on the other hand, thought it was far more than enough snow to make me frozen. 

Yesterday we had a musical sacrament meeting for Christmas. There was a narration in between the choir songs talking about the Savior and his birth and impact. It was a really touching experience and one of my favorite sacrament meetings ever. The really fun thing though is that we sang the same arrangement of Still Still Still that Mr Flora has us sing at the end of every Christmas concert. I already had it memorized and Brother Tolk was nicely impressed. It reminded me of how we always hold the candles around the room and all the alumni get up and sing with us. That was fun. Now I'm looking forward to going to a Campo Christmas concert in a few years.

So this week we had a rather interesting experience in a lesson. The investigator was being rather confrontational and was far more interested in "teaching" us than learning anything. He said a lot of rude things and asked many probing questions. While he meant these questions to tear us down and away from our beliefs, I took them seriously and learned quite a lot. I'd like to ask you some of them and a few of my own. 

How are you showing love for the Savior in your life?

How does your discipleship in your church help your fellow men?

What does the Book of Mormon have anything to do with God's love?

How is sharing your beliefs in Jesus Christ an act of love for others?

Do you know you are doing all you can for your Savior?

If ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, can ye feel so now?

I hope that the answers to those questions bring the happiness and confirmation that you are exactly where you'd like to be. I know they really helped me. If you have any doubts or questions, do not hesitate to get down on your knees and pray about it. Also, read the Book of Mormon.

I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Love,

Elder Basham


Food!

Hey y'all

So today we had a rather fun p-day. We went to Jeni's ice cream finally. I can see now why everyone told me to go there. It is super delicious. They have the most amazing flavors there ever. However, at
two dollars a scoop, it is way too much for frequent missionary use. If I was filthy rich I would definitely eat at Jeni's ice cream everyday. Which is saying something because I don't really like ice
cream normally.

Anyway next to Jeni's is this sign and Elder Tolman wanted to take pictures by it so yea...







No comments:

Post a Comment