Monday, February 1, 2016

Of things and places - Green Hills, Tennessee

Hello everyone,

Sorry I am very short on time this week. Last week was quite a week. Of all the weeks I have had on my mission, it has been one of them. Things happened and it was awesome. Other things happened and it was not. So here are some photos of the park today.







So my spiritual thought today comes from a few things. One is this talk (not included in his email - hopefully later...)

The second is this scripture.

1 Peter 1:6-11

And so, if you read both of those, you may be able to figure out why I was filled with exceeding joy, even to the point of laughter and tears because I was sprinting half a mile in a full winter coat and Sunday dress to chase down a bus. I knew I looked ridiculous. I knew my legs would hurt for days. And I knew my asthmatic lungs were not happy with me at all. But despite all of this, I was happier that I have been most of my life in any comfortable situation. And that is just awesome.

To quote so many of the wonderful Baptists I meet here, "God is good." That is such a profoundly simple way to put it.

Anyway I hope you all have a fantastic week and know that I love you all!
Elder Basham

No comments:

Post a Comment