Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse - Paducah, Kentucky

So today we saw a full total eclipse. Our area was right in the perfect spot to view complete totality. It was so cool. There was over two full minutes where the sun was completely blocked out. All you could see was a shiny silver circle. It was unlike anything else I have ever seen. I am so lucky and grateful that I could be here at this time. 






When the sun was covered it looked like sunset in every direction of the horizon. The crickets were chirping and everything was just amazing. We could see Venus and Mercury in the sky. They looked like amazing stars. I had an awesome time! It is so cool to see God's creations!





Something funny my mom sent me
Alma 30:44
"The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator."

Have a wonderful week! I love you


Elder Basham 


No comments:

Post a Comment