Monday, December 12, 2016

Chapter 7 - Lewisburg, Tennessee

Hello wonderful people!

Guess what! This week is transfer week. Another six weeks have come
and gone already. Time is so weird. The most exciting news is this: I
will be paired here in Lewisburg with Elder Senatore. Elder Senatore
is from Venezuela 🇻🇪 and speaks Spanish. This means we will finally
be able to teach all of the Spanish speaking investigators here in
town instead of waiting for the Spanish missionaries to drive an hour
out here once a week.

I can't wait to be able to teach so many more people. Every time we
have visited with Spanish speaking people I feel like Alma who said "O
that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I
might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake
the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!" I wanted to be able
to share the gospel with them and felt words coming to my remembrance
to talk to them but it wasn't enough. I don't have the vocabulary to
convey the beautiful principles of the gospel. I am grateful that God
has granted unto me according to my desires. "For behold, the Lord
doth grant unto all nations, of their own nation and tongue, to teach
his word, yea, in wisdom, all that he seeth fit that they should have;
therefore we see that the Lord doth counsel in wisdom, according to
that which is just and true. I know that which the Lord hath commanded
me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that
which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that
perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul
to repentance; and this is my joy." I am so grateful for this
opportunity and hope that Elder Senatore and I can help the people of
Lewisburg. We already have one Spanish speaking investigator with a
baptismal date and there are several other great repentant people we
can see now!

Alma 29 has always been one of my favorite chapters and it has just
taken on a whole new meaning for me. I had such a wonderful experience
in sacrament meeting yesterday as I pondered over it. I was filled
with an outpouring of love from the spirit as I recognized his tender
mercies. He truly does love all people and will help me to be an
instrument in his hands to blessing so many more of his children. I
know this gospel is true and I am grateful to be a part of his great
work. I love him and I love all of you. I hope you have a wonderful
week!

Love,
Elder Basham
 Here is a picture of Elder Watt and I on exchanges. Hermana Hill
made us all ties and we had fun being twins all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment