Monday, January 23, 2017

Greg! - Lewisburg, Tennessee

Hello People!

This last Sunday was one of the very best three hour Sunday meetings of my entire life. Every single song, lesson, and member was perfectly set up to create an amazing little miracle. I don't have time to tell you all the details, but you will never believe it. Not just one, but two investigators walked into church for the very first time on their own seeking to change their life and get closer to god - one having driven the full 45 minutes from Lewisburg on his own to get there. We missionaries were completely shocked. All of the meetings were perfectly planned and inspired specifically for these two people in an amazing way. 

What I really wanted to talk about though is our gospel principles class. We were supposed to be on the lesson about the millennium. However I just felt so strongly that we needed to batch that whole idea and teach the restoration. I will tell you what. The spirit was there and I just felt it all over. I have never been more excited in my life to teach the restoration. I was completely pumped full of awesomeness and a desire to share unlike anything I have ever felt before. Over the next hour, the spirit taught the very best restoration lesson ever. It was completely outstanding. Greg, the investigator who brought himself from Lewisburg, was loving and participating in the whole thing. Even though I was teaching 20 people, it felt like I was teaching just him and just everyone individually. It was just super special. I am so glad I listened to the promptings of the spirit and spoke what He needed me to. If I would have just followed the plan of what I wanted to talk about it wouldn't have gone nearly as well in any degree. Because I yielded to the enticings of the spirit and let go of my will to trust Him, He was able to speak through me directly to the hearts of his children who were ready and waiting for it. It was a miracle!

Greg loved church so much that he stood up and introduced himself in Elder's Quorum saying that he would be back next week and wanted to make this a permanent change in his life. He talked to everyone in the bishopric and bore his testimony of the spirit he had felt bringing him there and throughout the day. He set a goal to be baptized on the 4th of march and is so excited for it. Also, Gary Brown made it to church too. He invited tons of members to come to his baptism on February 14th. It is amazing to see these men desiring to change their life and finally finding the answer of how. I am so grateful to be able to help them and share what I know. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Basham

No comments:

Post a Comment