Monday, March 27, 2017

New Car - McMinnville, Tennessee

Hello Everyone!

Today we are in Nashville getting a new mission car. They have to take the Tiwi box off our old car and install it in the new one. They just started working on the car that was scheduled for 10:30. So we may be here a little while. We only get 36 kilo seconds of P-Day and so far 7 of those have been spent driving. I'm not quite sure how much we will actually get done today but at least I get to see lots of old missionary friends at the office.

This week has been exciting. Mostly the weather is exciting. We have had no shortage or rain or lightening storms. Probably the best storm I have seen here in Tennessee happened this week. We were out to dinner with our bishop and the power went out in the restaurant. We ended up eating the rest of our food with a flashlight. Outside the wind was blowing about 70-90 mph. Fortunately that only lasted for a few minutes and then we were free to drive through the aftermath.

Rain and Flood video part 1
Rain and Flood video part 2

On a positive note, we got to go to the temple this week. That was such an amazing experience.



However the Nashville temple isn't open all day like the ones at home. There is only a session in the morning and then another one several hours later at night and it closes in between. So unfortunately Elder Wadsworth and I were kindly asked to leave the celestial room because we had spent too much time asking questions and reading answers in the scriptures. I've never had that experience before. I am very grateful though for the temple and what a blessing it is to go and find knowledge and answers there. I learned so much about prayer and I keep learning more. I am not sure I will ever fully understand what a great blessing prayer is.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you

Elder Basham

For some reason there is a grill on our porch. I don't think
 missionaries or anyone have used it in years, but it cleaned up pretty well
. My first attempt grilling anything ever was actually quite delicious.

Have you ever seen a car that has its own wifi? Well now I have. I can send an email while going 70 mph down the interstate. Of course when Elder Carlson is driving but still awesome. The car practically drives itself with auto braking, auto lane centering, and cruise control.
Anyway this is exciting. Have a nice day y'all.

Elder Basham

2017 Chevy Malibu


No comments:

Post a Comment