Monday, August 22, 2016

The Three Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamigos! - Clarksville, Tennessee

And amigos forever they'll be.

Hello everyone

So as I told you last week, we got a new missionary straight out of the empty sea in Utah. His name is Elder Carlson. Do you want to know something shocking? He isn't from Arizona. I think there may have been a mistake. He is actually from Seattle, Washington, but we can forgive him for that. I actually really like him a lot. Personality wise, we are very similar. It feels like I am companions with myself. That is kinda weird. As I watch him go through his first few weeks, it looks very similar to what I did coming in. It is bringing tons of flashbacks.



Elder Weight, Elder Carlson, Elder Basham
Being in a trio is interesting. Everything in our apartment is super crowded. We have another bed in the bedroom, another desk in he study, a new, bigger table, and more food, clothes, and stuff everywhere. There is very little walking space. As much as I love small, minimalist housing, I see that it definitely begins to unravel the more people you have. For example, we helped a new family, who has seven kids, move into the ward. 8 beds, three wardrobes full of homeschool materials, 4000 pounds of food storage, and monstrous piles of boxes and furniture take up a lot of space -- not to mention the lengthy moving process. I'm not fully sure where this train of thought was going but yea... We shall leave it there I suppose.

We have an investigator with a baptismal date! It is pretty exciting. We have actually been teaching her for a while, but I just now thought that I should probably mention missionary work in these missionary emails. Almost a year out and that thought finally comes. Anyway it is pretty fantastic to see how she has been prepared her whole life for this. It started way back in high school when her friend gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to church. Later her brother was baptized. Now, several years later, she is finally ready and she is pretty excited for it. What I love most is that she really is just focused on building a personal relationship with Heavenly Father. She truly loves Him and loves how much the Book of Mormon helps her grow that love. I am grateful to have been a small part of helping her and seeing the joy it brings. I bear my testimony that the Book of Mormon is true and that one can draw nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. I love it and I love the Savior of whom it testifies.

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!

Love
Elder Basham

PS. She also has a pet pig! It is the cutest thing ever and I love it. I want one!



No comments:

Post a Comment